Some couples are able to make the best decisions for their familiest collaboratively, despite their differences. While other couples simply cannot work together. Divorce Mediation is not for everyone, and that is okay. However, for those couples who are suitable for Mediation, thet benefits can be astounding. In a litigated divorce, your family’s major decisions are made by a Judge who has only met your family a handful of times. While the Judge certainly knows the law, he or she does not know the intimate details of what makes your family tick like you do. Divorce Mediation allows you and your spouse to maintain the power to make decisions that will impact your future. Our firm is focused on providing fair, affordable solutions for clients going through difficult family conflicts involving:
During the mediation process, a neutral third party, aka, the Mediator, works with the couple to facilitate good communication, develop creative settlement options, and guide them so they can resolve the issues of child custody, division of property, child support and maintenance. Couples should anticipate meeting with their Mediator several times before a final resolution is reached. The Mediation sessions are held in a relaxed, confidential, and comfortable environment –not a courtroom. Mediation is a cost effective voluntary process where all decisions are made by mutual agreement.
Why Divorce Mediation?
- Mediation often costs a fraction of the cost of litigation.
- Parties maintain control over their own future rather than having a judge decide it for them.
- Mediation is much less stressful on families and especially less stressful on the children.
- The mediation process is respectful to the needs of everyone involved.
- The parties are able to make decisions based on their family’s unique needs.
Interested in giving Divorce Mediation a shot? We are certified mediators. Call Us to set up a consultation.